Homepage Volker Kiefel
Software compiled for Win32 systems
- Interpreters for script programming languages
- Interpreters for the AWK programming language
- Kernighan's awk (awk.exe for win32):
version of February 08, 2010
(updated March 28, 2010),
version of November 26, 2009
(updated January 9, 2010),
source code on B. Kernighan's web page.
- Gnu AWK (gawk.exe for win32): v3.1.7
(updated January 7, 2010),
previous versions 3.1.6,
- Mawk (Mike's AWK, mawk.exe for win32):
v1.3.4-20100625 (updated March 4, 2012),
source code on
- Interpreter for the Lua script language
(updated February 13, 2010)
Lua (v5.1.3) for win32-systems. For
more information (documentation, source-code)
- Tools for text processing
- Win32 executables
of the dos2unix and unix2dos
tools from the
by Christopher Heng.
- Command line tools for PostScript files --
psnup converts into files multiple pages
per page (reduced sizes
1:2, 1:4, 1:9, etc.),
psresize scales into files with
different page sizes,
epsffit adjusts the bounding box of
an EPSF (encapsulated PostScript) file
-- from the
PostScript tools collection.
- Lacheck, tool for checking LaTeX files.
- Libiconv v1.13 is a library for
conversion of text files between different encodings
(e.g. latin-1 .. utf-8). It contains the command line tool iconv.exe
- Aspell spelling checker for use with GNU Emacs on win32
v0.60.3 with English and German dictionaries.
Documentation and source code can be found on the
A description of the installation is included in the README.txt
- SQLite database management system for win32 (sqlite3.exe)
v22.214.171.124. For documentation and
more information please refer to the
- Basic calulator (bc.exe) for win32
v1.06, includes dc.exe.
- Info-ZIP's zip v3.0 for win32. This
archive contains ``zip.exe'' and accompanying command line programs and
documentation. Please refer to the Info-ZIP
- XZ Utils for win32 (free general-purpose data compression software
with high compression ratio) v4.999.9beta (zip),
More information can be found on the website of
The Tukaani Project.
The executable files referred to on this page were compiled with the
MinGW implementation of the
gcc. Information on the
installation of MinGW/MSYS on win32-systems.
All these files are made available without any warranty.
No support is provided for all compiled sofware. Information on problems,
however, is always welcome.
(Last updated February 15th, 2017)