Homepage Volker Kiefel
Software compiled for Windows systems(1)
- Interpreters for script programming languages
- Interpreters for the AWK programming language
- Kernighan's awk (awk.exe for Windows):
version of February 08, 2010
(updated March 28, 2010),
version of November 26, 2009
(updated January 9, 2010),
source code on B. Kernighan's web page.
- Gnu AWK (gawk.exe for Windows):
(updated May 1st, 2020),
- Mawk (Mike's AWK, mawk.exe for Windows):
v1.3.4-20100625 (updated March 4, 2012),
source code on
- Interpreter for the Lua script language
(updated February 13, 2010)
Lua (v5.1.3) for Windows-systems. For
more information (documentation, source-code)
- Tools for text processing
- Windows executable files
of the dos2unix and unix2dos
tools from the
by Christopher Heng.
- Command line tools for PostScript files --
psnup converts into files multiple pages
per page (reduced sizes
1:2, 1:4, 1:9, etc.),
psresize scales into files with
different page sizes,
epsffit adjusts the bounding box of
an EPSF (encapsulated PostScript) file
-- from the
PostScript tools collection.
- Lacheck, tool for checking LaTeX files.
- Libiconv v1.13 is a library for
conversion of text files between different encodings
(e.g. latin-1 .. utf-8). It contains the command line tool iconv.exe
- Aspell spelling checker for use with GNU Emacs on Windows
v0.60.3 with English and German dictionaries.
Documentation and source code can be found on the
A description of the installation is included in the README.txt
- SQLite database management system for Windows (sqlite3.exe)
v188.8.131.52. For documentation and
more information please refer to the
- Basic calulator (bc.exe) for Windows
v1.06, includes dc.exe.
- Info-ZIP's zip v3.0 for Windows. This
archive contains ``zip.exe'' and accompanying command line programs and
documentation. Please refer to the Info-ZIP
- XZ Utils for Windows (free general-purpose data compression software
with high compression ratio) v4.999.9beta (zip),
More information can be found on the website of
The Tukaani Project.
(1)The executable files referred to on this page were compiled as
32-bit-applications with the
MinGW implementation of the
gcc. However, they may be used on modern Windows 64-bit-systems.
All these files are made available without any warranty.
No support is provided for all compiled sofware. Information on problems,
however, is always welcome.
(Last updated May 1st, 2020)